The most useful, comprehensive, global reference to Variable Speed Pumping.
In over 150 information-packed pages, Variable Speed Pumping, A Guide to Successful Applications covers various types of pumps, types of variable-speed and variable-frequency drives and multiple applications. Information is presented clearly and concisely, with a helpful abundance of system and performance curves, tables, illustrations, color photographs, case studies and flow charts that help you choose the appropriate specification methodology. Compiled, written, edited and critiqued by pump, motor and drive experts in academia and industries the world over.
- Overview of pumping system hydraulic characteristics
- Type of pumping systems
- Introduction to variable speed pumping
- Complete guide to pumps, pumping systems, control applications and effects of VSDs
- How to estimate pumping energy costs
- All about motors - types, application and control
- All about variable speed drives - VSDs for induction motors, ac motors, dc motors, control algorithms, integrated motors and drives
- Control Principles for Variable Speed Pumping
- How to select and specify VSDs for retrofitting or new installations
- Benefits, drawbacks, operational considerations
- Integrated diagnostics and protection helps reduce and identify faults
- Financial justification - including Life Cycle Cost analysis
- VSD Case Studies
- Plus an extensive Appendix and Glossary
Variable Speed Pumping, A Guide to Successful Applications brings together everything you need to know to design, specify and operate successful variable-speed pumping systems - all in one amazingly comprehensive volume. It shows you, step-by-step, how to take a system approach to incorporating VSDs in your applications. If there's a viable way for variable speed control to help generate savings on your pumping costs while improving system performance and reliability, Variable Speed Pumping, A Guide to Successful Applications will show you how.